Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Health & Fitness
Healthy School Award
Aberdour was the first Independent Preparatory School in Surrey to achieve this Award.
Inspection Team Comments
We are particularly impressed with:
- The strong focus on emotional health and wellbeing of the School
- The breadth of opportunity for physical activity within and beyond the curriculum
- The way in which the School has embraced the importance of PSHE and has worked hard to formalise the curriculum within the School.
Further Inspection Comments:
- The fact that so many pupils represent the School in some form of physical activity is a real credit to the School
- The benefit of active lifestyles are actively promoted within the School through posters, displays and information
- Pupils identify that they enjoy their lessons because their teachers are kind and make lessons fun
- The School Council see their role as important in helping to make the School a better place
- The School environment is welcoming and stimulating, and promotes the happy and caring ethos of the School
- There are strong pastoral support systems in place that aim to ensure the needs of all pupils are met
- Pupils feel safe in their School and enjoy the breadth of opportunities that are offered
Congratulations to all the members of staff who have worked so hard to make this fantastic success possible!